Saturday, May 12, 2012

Little Rainbow

For the past few months, the Father has been challenging me to be available.  Interruptible.  Basically, to be more like Jesus and the apostles.

Then, 3 weeks ago, when we were going for a prayerwalk and Johnny said he thought we should go pray around a big, famous hospital in town, I thought, great, we can do that--what a great idea. There are so many of the people we love that come to town to go to that hospital!  So we walked and prayed and had such a good time.

Little did we know....

Two days later we got a phone call that there was a little family who had come to town for their little baby to have heart surgery and the mom and little daughter had to stay in the hospital.  Did we know anyone who could care for the older daughter while mom and sister (Grace) were in the hospital?  And we knew the Father was saying to be available.  So we prayed and felt like, yes, we could take care of a little six-year-old.  We had an extra room.  We have toys.  We have time.

So, we've had another 6 year old living with us.  For 3 weeks, almost.  And it's been the most wonderful and overwhelming and challenging thing we've experienced in a long time.  Boy, do we feel tired at the end of the day, and we've had challenging moments that have driven us to our knees.  It's amazing how much selfishness was in my heart.  And how much more is still in there.  Man.

I think so many of my cries to know Him better have been answered just in the past few months of being stretched and challenged.  Most recently, by having another child in my house.  One that is awake from 7 AM to 11 PM and wants help from me constantly.  I have been desperate for Him in a way that is fresh and new.  I feel thankful that He is still involved in my life.  He still offers relationship to me.  He still wants me to grow and be purified.  He still blesses with unexpected gifts.

So, it's been an exciting road this month.  And a good one.  I feel so thankful for our little Rainbow staying here.

1 comment:

  1. she's gorgeous!
    such good words. thanks so much for the challenge and reminder to be interruptible. love that.

    ReplyDelete