Wednesday, November 14, 2012

trying to be creative in November

Pilgrim doll chainuploadTurkey chainuploadLuke made a monster mask for jace...Scripture books for the boys. Latest project.
being creative in November, a set on Flickr.
This year, I asked Luke how he might want to be thankful as we get ready for Thanksgiving. Like, we'd be thankful for something every day. And he said he wanted to make paper dolls and be thankful for people this year.

I thought that was a great idea, so we proceeded to make several different kinds of chains. And decorate them. And we plan to think of names of people (and probably some things, honestly) that we're thankful for. Starting late, I know.

So, in the pictures, you can see Luke coloring a chain of pilgrims. And we made a chain of turkeys, too, using a simple template.

And I woke up to find the boys making masks yesterday. Jace's is a monster mask. Luke's was a wolfman mask (I don't have a picture).

And I saw an idea on pinterest for using a smashbook to make scripture books that can be read at night. So I'm in the middle of writing the scripture, and then I'm going to have to find stickers, pictures, etc to go with the words. I'm excited about giving the book to them and hope they'll want to read it at night and learn the verses that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment