Friday, November 4, 2011

crafty crafterson

I like to make things. I'm not professional. But I like to have homemade things for the house, for my kids, and to give as gifts. This year, I am hoping to finish some gifts to give for Christmas.

One of my best friends just adopted twins. As newborns. Well, by "just" I mean almost 3 months ago. But I wanted to give them each a gift, albeit late. So I looked at our online version of ebay, and found some cute stuff but I thought after all that that I'd really like to make something for them. I found it hard to do, but I have one finished. The one for the girl is the same on the front, except for the letter font. Surprise, Marce.
It's no secret that we're impatiently waiting for kiddos from Africa. I made this blanket for our little girl last year when we started the process. I'm thinking I might want to bleach out the bright colors a bit..
One Christmas craft. A pottery barn knock-off (sorta). For our Jesse tree. I am not organized enough to have the boys do a coloring page every day for the tree or a craft, so I'm hoping to fill it with fun stuff/stories BEFORE we start. That remains to be seen. I made 2, one is for a gift. I'm not telling to who. It's wrinkled. But it's sunny today, so I wanted to take pictures and I don't pull out our iron while the boys are awake. I am too apt to forget and leave it on...
And a flower to make a Christmas present look pretty...I used not Martha's idea. But I had to sew it--my glue didn't work
Hi, Mom. This post is mostly for you...

1 comment:

  1. I love your craft projects! You are so talented and I love to see your creations! :)

    ReplyDelete