Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Skydiving"

We had a retreat of sorts a couple of weeks ago, and Johnny jumped into a wind tunnel to "skydive". It was a simulation. In a big country where things just aren't the same quality as, say, western countries. But when I was going through our pictures, it made me feel philosophical, for whatever reason. About the symbolism of skydiving. There's a lot of faith involved in sky diving--depending on a piece of thin cloth and strings to catch me when I'm falling from hundreds of feet, right?

I think the Father wants us to be the same way with him: depend on him to catch us when he tells us to jump out of that plane. To change our lives. To ask our friends to completely go against their families to follow the unseen. I truly get afraid to think of all the bad things that could happen when I look out that door and hear those words, "trust Me." And yet, I'd regret if I didn't jump...

No comments:

Post a Comment